Lockout management involves neutralizing all sources of energy that supply equipment, systems or machines to eliminate the risk of accidental startup. When properly managed, it guarantees the physical integrity of workers and reduces the time required for controlling hazardous energies.
Lockout management will enable you to
- Manage a large number of lockout sheets.
- Maintain the integrity of standardized data common to all sheets.
- Ensure that documents are updated and validated by the appropriate persons.
- Know the validation stage of sheets in real time.
- Physically identify the equipment and isolation devices.
- Prepare planned shut-downs.
- Maintain a history of various sheet versions.
- Ensure access to and use of the sheets at all times.
- Audit your policy and make regular inspections of your system usage.