The industrial hygiene (or occupational hygiene) involves detecting, assessing and controlling inconveniences and professional environmental factors which may affect the health and welfare of workers and community members. Proper management of industrial hygiene can offer the worker a healthy workplace, which is safer for their health and the environment.
Industrial hygiene management will enable you to
- Analyze hygiene-related risks (biological and infectious).
- Develop sanitizing procedures.
- Conduct risk analyses for tasks performed on slow-moving equipment.
- Audit human activities.
- Document hygiene-related measures and procedures to be introduced.
- Inform workers of the risks related to their tasks.
- Make workers aware of workplace hygiene.
- Ensure access to information at all times.